Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Kevin De Young Audio from 03.26.09


We were greatly blessed through Kevin De Young at CTS on March 26, 2009. Not only did we get a good analysis of the emergent church movement but also a challenge to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our churches. The audio is here. You can go to www.sermon.net/returningchurch to get the podcast, etc. This is the cleaned up version. For some reason the entire Q&A was not recorded. We apologize and wish we had it to give to you. Enjoy and feel free to share this with your friends and collegues.

2 comments:

Wally Harrison said...

I guess the conversation continues, but I am growing considerably weary of all the, "fighting in the bookstore" so to speak. It seems that "Christian bookstores" are packed full of books written in response to other books, which will soon have a response coming to the response. I'm praying for the church, at this point I care little about labels and denominational barriers, to be proactive rather than reactive to the continuing sub-culture we have created. I am a pastor with so many questions, I desire more leadership and help in attempting to lead a very diverse and broken people who know NOTHING about these labels. I would love help and I am just feeling like this conversation is growing terribly old and unhelpful. Our post Christian society needs something different. I suppose as a side note, Don Miller is a writer, not a pastor, he has nothing to do with church leadership. Not sure why he is lumped into the conversation is all.

I am the family pastor for a church in Muskegon, Michigan that is very diverse, where more than half our people are homeless, addicts, live in extreme poverty and "messy" to say it lightly. So we desire leadership, partnership and help in many ways.

David Best said...

Wallace, I hear you man. We face similar challenges down in Lincoln NE.